Data Quality Index
To ensure that CPS is successful in its goal of improving student achievement across the district, accurate, secure and timely data must be available at all levels of the organization. To support this effort, the ITS Enterprise Information Management and IMPACT teams has created an easy to understand indicator of data integrity across the district. The Data Quality Index (DQI) is a district tool and initiative that seeks to improve the integrity of school, staff, student and parent data entered into the IMPACT applications. Data Quality Index will analyze data errors in the domains of 'Registration and Enrollment', 'Attendance', ‘Next Year Scheduling’, 'Scheduling', 'Student Discipline', 'Student Health' within the Student Information System (SIM). Moving forward, the Data Quality Index will grow to incorporate additional metrics and domains of concentration. As the year progresses, data will be refreshed regularly for the purposes of trend analysis to ensure that stabilization and education efforts have adequately supported schools in the effort to improve critical data.
- To provide increased visibility regarding the overall health and integrity of data that is entered into IMPACT systems to more effectively deploy support resources to help schools.
- To help school and central office users become more accomplished users of the IMPACT applications.
- To empower school leadership and central office administrators with improved data to facilitate strategic decision making.
- To identify areas in IMPACT that require increased optimization through the incorporation of (A) required fields (B) guided actions (C) and data validation checks.
The software should make it easy to do the right thing and difficult to do the wrong.
- The first Phase of the Data Quality Index initiative will be released on August 10th to coincide with the start of the Track E school calendar.
- The Data Quality Index is refreshed with data nightly and is available to all authorized users in the CPS Dashboard: https://cpsdashboard.cps.k12.il.us/DataQuality/DQ/Pages/default.aspx. This Data Quality Index will be available to senior staff, school principals and supporting stabilization teams.
When a DQI grade exposes a need for increased school-side training and support, a stabilization team with IMPACT experience will be deployed to assist.
Below are the links to short solutions documents that speak to how to rectify any problems with each DQI area listed.
Next Year Scheduling
Registration and Enrollment
Student Contact Information